- Quart size FREEZER Ziploc baggies (enough for 1 for each person)
- Sharpie Pen
- 2 Eggs per person/per omelet
- Omelet ingredients of your choice (Ham, Cooked Bacon, Cooked Sausage, Shredded Cheese, Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatoes etc.)
- Large Pot of boiling water (place this on your camp stove/campfire to boil before you get started)
- Flour Tortillas (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
Just set out the carton of eggs, 2 eggs per omelet and have each camper write their name on their Ziploc bag and then crack their eggs into the Ziploc. Then everyone chooses from the extras what they would like in their omelet, drops it in their Ziploc, then zips it up and puts it into the pot of boiling water. It takes approx. 3 minutes, but you can check the doneness with tongs by just lifting the bag out to look. When they are done,just roll onto your plate or into a soft tortilla top it off with your favorite salsa!
Foil - Sausage and Eggs
- 1 frozen hash brown patty
- 2 eggs, scrambled, uncooked
- 2 frozen sausage patties
- spices and seasonings
- Cheese (optional)
Crimp the sides of your sheet of foil so that the eggs won’t go anywhere when you add them. First place your hash brown patty on the foil. Then place the eggs on top of the hash brown patty. Then place the sausage patties on top. Season with spices and condiments and wrap up in a tent pack.
Place on hot coals and cook for 15 minutes. Add the cheese when itu2019s ready (it turns out better than cooking it in the pack).
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
Cookbacon in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until evenly browned.Drain, and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside. Add hamburger and onion to theskillet, and cook until no longer pink, and the onion is tender. Drain. Stirbacon, baked beans and barbeque sauce into the ground beef, and bring to aboil. Reduce heat to medium low, and place biscuits in a single layer over thetop of the mixture. Cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thebiscuits are done. Place two biscuits on each plate, and spoon beans over.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preheatan outdoor grill for medium heat. Toss together the potatoes, onion, mushroom,and soup mix in a large bowl. Drizzle in the butter, and toss to coat. Divideinto 4 portions, and seal each portion well in several layers of aluminum foil.Cook potatoes on preheated grill until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Turn at leastonce during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly.
Foil Pack Mushrooms
- 24 fresh crimini mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheatthe grill for high heat. Lightly grease 4 large sheets of heavy duty aluminumfoil. Stuff each mushroom with equal amounts of green onions and pine nuts.Place 6 mushrooms on each piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, andseason with salt and pepper. Seal the foil around the mushrooms, forming 4packets. Place the foil packets on the preheated grill, and cook 20 minutes,until mushrooms are tender.
Tin Foil Stew
- 6 ounces blade roast, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 potato, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
Ona large square sheet of foil, layer beef, potato cubes, carrots, onion andgarlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, top with butter and a tablespoon ofwater. Roll edges of tin foil together and seal tightly. Bury it in campfirecoals or put in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). For eithercooking method, cooking time is about 1 hour. You can eat it right out of thefoil, or empty it into a dish.
Hamburger/Veggie Foil Dinner
- u00bd lb ground hamburger meat
- u00bd cup frozen/canned mixed vegetables
- u00bd can can of cream of mushroom soup
- spices and seasonings
Mix together the aboveingredients with spices and condiments to your heartu2019s content. Place themixture on the center of a sheet of foil, wrap in a tent pack, and place on hotcoals for 25 minutes.
Easy Campfire Pizzas
- Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce
- Flour Tortillas
- Assorted Pizza Toppings (Cheese, Cooked Sausage, Pepperoni, Onion, Mushrooms, etc)
Spoon pizza sauce orspaghetti sauce onto half a large flour tortilla. Top with whatever pizza toppings youdesireu2014chopped ham, pepperoni, onion, mushrooms, peppers, pineapple pieces,etc. Sprinkle grated cheese over top. Fold other half of tortilla over thetop. Fry with a small amount of oiluntil browned on both sides and cheese melts.
Kids love these and canmake their own, which will ensure that they eat it!
Corn Chip Nachos in a Bag
- 1 single serving bag of corn chips
- 1 can of chili
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomato
- Shredded cheese
- Small can of jalapenos
- Small can of chopped olives
- Sliced green onion
- Salsa or taco sauce
- Sour cream
- Avocado or prepared guacamole
Crunch up the chips in the bag to break them into smaller pieces. Lay bag on it’s side horizontally and cut the bag open long ways. Warm up the chili of your choice and add 1/4 of the can in the bag. Add toppings of your choice, grab a fork, and eat it right out of the bag! Easy to prepare and easy to clean up!
Campfire Dinner Rolls
- Refrigerated Bisquits
- Aluminum Foil
Start with some pieces of tin foil and the pre-formed dough discs.Cut a notch in the top and place a small pad of butter. Fold the tin foil intoa pouch and place biscuit in the pouch. Placethe roll in the hot coals carefully with tongs.Allow to cook for 15minutes .Remove from the fire and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- 4 Bananas
- Mini-chocolate chips
Slice thebananas from end to end. Leave the peel on. Open the banana a little. Placemini-marshmallows and mini-chocolate chips in the banana. Wrap the banana in foil and place around theoutside of the fire Cook for 10 minutes. Let cook and then unwrap. Bananashould be soft and chips and marshmallows should be melted.
- Aluminum Foil
- Ice Cream
Peel oranges and cut intoeven slices. Place in a baking tin in layers, sprinkling sugar between layers.(Brown sugar will add a nutty flavor.) Cover tin with aluminum foil and placeover hot coals for about half an hour or until oranges are hot and juicy. Servewith ice cream.
Here are two ideas youcan use when toasting marshmallows over the coals of the fire doesn’t thrillyour group the way it used to.
- Toast chocolate-flavored marshmallows on a pointed stick and then place hot marshmallow between chocolate chip cookies.
- Stuff the centers of doughnuts with marshmallows. Run a pointed stick (or skewer) through the doughnut and marshmallow and lightly toast over the hot coals.
No Bake Camping Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
Creamtogether the butter or margarine, sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla. Add oatsand mix well. Roll into 36 balls about 1 inch in diameter. Dip balls intoconfectioners’ sugar. Set on wax paper.
Sugared Campfire Doughnuts
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Tosstogether the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside. Cut each biscuit intothirds, and roll into balls. Skewer them on a toasting fork, and cook over hotcoals, turning constantly, until golden brown. Dip into melted butter, and thenroll in cinnamon sugar.
- 2 (1 ounce) slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Pie filling of your choice
Spraya hobo pie toaster with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly spread one side of eachslice of bread with softened butter. Lay a slice of bread, butter side down,into the toaster. Spoon 3 tablespoons of pie filling onto bread, and top withsecond slice of bread, butter side up. Close up toaster, and cook over a hot campfire,turning occasionally, until the pie is hot and golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Questions? Get In Touch